One additional document for 1995 can be found here along with additional documents from other years.
(1) Letter Angela Mason of Stonewall to David Webb, January 11, 1995
(2) Press release from Savoy Books David Webb’s copy and Goodman’s copy February 22, 1995
(3) VETERAN ACTIVISTS SLAM STONEWALL FOR “SHORING UP CLOSET” - a petition, circa March 10, 1995
(4) A table of swearwords ranked according to strength, from Private Eye, March 24, 1995
(5) Letter from Derek Roberts, apparently to David Webb, April 27, 1995
The above has not been redacted; by the time this was published, this guy will be either dead or too old to care.
(6) Letter E.A.C. Goodman to the Police Commissioner, May 12, 1995
(7) Letter Steve Park of the Metropolitan Police Press Office to E.A.C. Goodman, May 22, 1995
The final paragraph of the above is a brilliant riposte to document (6).
(8) Letter Nicola Vote of the Japan Information and Cultural Centre to E.A.C. Goodman, June 2, 1995
(9) Extract from Private Eye, June 30, 1995
The above is apparently from a column in this magazine; it alludes to NCROPA Committee member Dr Christine Pickard.
(10) Letter Angela Quinn of Cul d’Or to E.A.C. Goodman, July 21, 1995
(11) Letter Cindy Well to E.A.C. Goodman, August 15, 1995
The above has not been redacted; the address on the sticker is too dark to show up on this scanner.
(12) Copy letter David Webb/NCROPA to a supporter in Devon, August 15, 1995
(13) Copy letter E.A.C. Goodman to Ginny Wall, August 20, 1995
(14) Letter Nigel Meek to David Webb/NCROPA, August 23, 1995
Re the above, NCRPA indeed. Note though the length of time between the date it was sent and the date it was received.
(15) NCROPA memorandum re BBC Radio Stoke, August 27, 1995
(16) CAC memorandum re an appearance on Radio Shropshire by E.A.C. Goodman, September 11, 1995
(17) Press release re Dragon Lady, September 14, 1995
The above concerns Marisa Carr and Feminists Against Censorship, who appear to need a new proof reader, judging by the way they’ve spelled contact here.
(18) Copy letter David Webb/NCROPA to Virginia Bottomley at the Department of National Heritage, September 18, 1995
(19) Copy letter E.A.C. Goodman, October 1, 1995
The above is to the same person and on the same subject as document (18), except Goodman chose to wear his CAC hat as well as to misspell the lady’s name.
(20) Invoice from Central Productions to David Webb, October 16, 1995
The above is a scan of the front of the document only. On the back was written:
Signed Copy Returned
in addition to the standard contractual blurb.
(21) Copy letter David Webb/NCROPA to Central Television, October 22, 1995
(22) Copy letter David Webb/NCROPA to Sue Jay of Central Television, October 23, 1995
The above is the best copy possible.
(23) Copy letter David Webb/NCROPA to Virginia Bottomley, October 24, 1995
The above is a chaser for document (18).
(24) Letter Chris Smith MP to David Webb/NCROPA, October 27, 1995
(25) Letter E.A.C. Goodman to David Webb, October 29, 1995
The Jimmy alluded to in the above letter is the artist James Lacey.
(26) Press release from Knockabout Comics, circa October 31, 1995
(27) Copy letter E.A.C. Goodman to the Police Commissioner, November 4, 1995
The above concerns the Julia Somerville case. This nonsense generated considerable news coverage at the time. Goodman wrote to Michael Howard and Jack Straw as well; David Webb also wrote to Home Secretary Michael Howard and Sir Christopher Benson, who at that time was Chairman of Boots.
(28) Copy letter David Webb/NCROPA to Julia Somerville, November 7, 1995
(29) Letter Alexander Barrie to David Webb, November 8, 1995
The above is his resignation letter from the NCROPA Committee.
(30) Letter Pauline Heard to E.A.C. Goodman to November 9, 1995
The above is a poor quality scan of an original document (made on a poor quality scanner); the corporate label is in fact blue. This concerns Julia Somerville, though it remains to be seen why a newscaster should need a PA.
(31) Letter from Jenny Roberts to NCROPA, circa November 14, 1995
(32) Letter Deputy Commissioner Brian Hayes to E.A.C. Goodman, November 15, 1995
The above is a response to document (27).
(33) Letter Andrew Ferguson to David Webb/NCROPA, November 16, 1995
(34) Copy letter David Webb/NCROPA to the Guardian, November 16, 1995
(34a) See document (34) above. There were two and a half versions of this letter in the file: the first part in blue and the whole - black; the pink carbon is not included. In spite of appearances, this document is blue.
(35) Copy letter David Webb/NCROPA to Julia Somerville & Jeremy Dixon, November 16, 1995
The above letter appears to have contained enclosures.
(36) Invitation to the Sunday Sport Xmas Party, November 22, 1995
The above is a double-sided card. Nice jugs, too.
(37) NCROPA Financial Report, November 22, 1995
(38) NCROPA Director’s Report to the Members’ General Meeting, November 22, 1995
There is a note on the back of page 7 of the above.
(39) Copy letter E.A.C. Goodman to Barbara Roche, November 26, 1995
(40) Copy letter E.A.C. Goodman to Professor Harold Thimbleby, November 26, 1995
(41) Letter B. Stein to David Webb/NCROPA, November 27, 1995
(42) Letter Alexander Baron to NCROPA, November 29, 1995
(43) Letter Ian Jackson of Red Sky Publishing, November 29, 1995
The above had a print out of an e-mail attached.
(44) Letter Professor Harold Thimbleby to E.A.C. Goodman, circa December 1, 1995
The above undated letter takes Councillor Goodman back to school and gives him some basic education. Oops!
(45) Copy letter Nick Hunt for the Home Secretary to E.A.C. Goodman, December 1, 1995
The above is a response to a letter not included here, but see for example document (27) and the Julia Somerville affair generally.
(46) Letter Nigel Meek to Eric Miller/NCROPA, December 2, 1995
(47) Copy letter David Kennington to the Mayor of New York, December 3, 1995
The above is the best copy of this letter possible, including the tilt.
(48) Letter Roy Fowler to David Webb/NCROPA, December 5, 1995
(49) Copy letter David Webb/NCROPA to Virginia Bottomley, December 6, 1995
The above is yet another letter to this servant of the people, sent recorded delivery.
(50) Letter Tom Sackville for the Home Office to David Webb, December 7, 1995
The above missive is unsigned.
(51) Letter Tom Sackville for the Home Office to David Webb, December 7, 1995
Re the above, this is the signed version of document (50). Don’t ask me!
(52) Letter Laurence O’Toole to David Webb/NCROPA, December 13, 1995
(53) Copy letter David Webb/NCROPA to Alexander Barrie, December 14, 1995
(54) Copy letter David Webb/NCROPA to Tom Sackville MP, December 14, 1995
(55) Letter Alexander Barrie to David Webb, December 18, 1995
(56) Letter from a man and woman apparently to NCROPA as prospective members, December 24, 1995
Back To Site Index