(1) Mrs Whitehouse delivers ‘obscene’ Danish script of Jesus film to Mr Rees, October 5, 1976
The above is an article from the Times by John Groser.
(2) Legislation to ban sex shows planned, October 28, 1976
The above is an article from the Times.
(3) Copy of a letter to Brynmor John at the Home Office by E.A.C. Goodman, October 29, 1976
(4) Who’s Responsible by Duncan Campbell, from Time Out, November 5-11, 1976
(5) Pornography fine, December 2, 1976
The above is a press report about NCROPA member David Waterfield.
(6) Pornography sentence, a letter by Professor Maurice Cranston, December 8, 1976
(7) Letter S.J. Pike of the Home Office to E.A.C. Goodman, December 23, 1976
(8) Letter E.A.C. Goodman to S.J. Pike of the Home Office, December 30, 1976
Of the above, E.A.C. Goodman said it is “copy of letter I sent to Pike, assistant to Mr John, the Minister. I often wrote letters (for NCROPA) under my own name to create a personal effect.”
(1) Letter Rupert Greggains to David (Webb), January 10, 1977
(2) Letter S.J. Pike of the Home Office to E.A.C. Goodman, January 11, 1977
(3) Female wrestlers, a letter by Eric Miller, January 14, 1977
(4) A new spate of Customs art seizures, from the Evening Standard, January 21, 1977
(5) Pornographic film clubs are breaking the law, jury decide, January 26, 1977
(6) Sex films go on say club owners by Mark Hosenball, from the Evening Standard, January 27, 1977, page 13
(7) Two sentenced over films from the Times, February 2, 1977
(8) Letter Clement Freud MP to David Webb/NCROPA, February 23, 1977
(9) Ban Amin too?, letter by Eric Miller in the Evening Standard, February 23, 1977
(10) Letter from law lecturer Geoff Samuel in Time Out, February 25-March 3, 1977
(11) Letter in Time Out, February 26, 1977
The above under Censorship of erotic art is by Richard Hamilton, David Hockney and R.B. Kitaj
(12) Copy letter David Webb to Clement Freud MP, February 28, 1977
(13) Attorney General asked to prosecute play after review published in the Times, March 3, 1977
Re the above, see document (15) below.
(14) Letter in Time Out by Falcon Stuart, March 4-10, 1977
(15) Letter to G.A. Gardiner MP from E.A.C. Goodman, March 7, 1977
Re the above, see document (13) for March 3, 1977
(16) Londoners’ Diary from the Evening Standard, March 7, 1977
(17) Letter George Gardiner MP to E.A.C. Goodman, March 9, 1977
The above is the best copy possible; it is the reply to document (15) of March 7, 1977
(18) Letter to the publisher of Vacher’s Parliamentary Companion from David Webb/NCROPA, March 16, 1977
(19) Obscenity Trial, a letter in the Times by Mary Whitehouse, March 17, 1977
For reasons related to personal incompetence too complex to explain here, the above is edited screengrab from the on-line version.
(20) “Libertine” Trial, a letter in the Times by Francis Bennion, March 21, 1977
(21) Letter Jane Counsins of DLAS to E.A.C. Goodman, March 22, 1977
(22) Letter E.A.C. Goodman to David Webb/NCROPA, March 25, 1977
(23) Copy letter David Webb/NCROPA to E.A.C. Goodman, April 11, 1977
(24) Letter Michael McNair-Wilson MP to David Webb/NCROPA, May 2, 1977
(25) Letter Action demanded on sex film clubs, from the Times. May 4, 1977
(26) Copy letter John Gourlet of the NAAF to E.A.C. Goodman, May 4, 1977
(27) Copy letter E.A.C. Goodman of the NAAF to a politician, May 4, 1977
(28) Letter E.A.C. Goodman to David Webb/NCROPA, May 5, 1977
(29) Letter E.A.C. Goodman to David Webb/NCROPA, May 9, 1977
The above appears to have contained document (26) for May 4, 1977
(30) Letter Sir Michael Havers to E.A.C. Goodman, May 12, 1977
(31) Copy letter E.A.C. Goodman to Sir Michael Havers, May 15, 1977
(32) Letter E.A.C. Goodman to David Webb/NCROPA, May 16, 1977
(33) Copy letter E.A.C. Goodman/NCROPA to R. Barry O’Brien, September 2, 1977
The above is the best copy possible.
(34) Copy letter Sir Horace Cutler to E.A.C. Goodman, September 13, 1977
(35) Copy letter E.A.C. Goodman to Sir Horace Cutler, September 16, 1977
(36) Copy letter Andrew Ferguson to David Webb/NCROPA, September 26, 1977
(37) Letter to David Webb/NCROPA from Roger ?, October 6, 1977
(38) Copy letter to E.A.C. Goodman/NCROPA to a correspondent, October 6, 1977
(39) Copy letter to E.A.C. Goodman/NCROPA to two parties, October 6, 1977
The above is the best copy possible; the main recipient is the Chairman of the Belgrade Review Conference, 1977
(40) Letter to David Webb/NCROPA from C.L. Henderson, October 14, 1977
(41) Letter to David Webb/NCROPA from Squadron Leader D.W. Tambling, October 29, 1977
The above includes another letter, to the Home Office.
(42) Copy letter E.A.C. Goodman/NCROPA to a fellow member or members of the Haldane Society, October 31, 1977
(43) Copy letter E.A.C. Goodman/NCROPA to a fellow member or members of the Labour Party, October 31, 1977
(44) Copy letter E.A.C. Goodman/NCROPA to Mr Gouriet, October 31, 1977
(1) Letter from David Sullivan apparently to David Webb/NCROPA, received June 18, 1980
The above from the Roldvale Ltd at 34 Upton Lane, Forest Gate, London, appears to have contained a cheque.
(1) Copy letter to Nigel Ley from David Webb/NCROPA, April 28, 1981
(2) Letter Lawrence Copley Thaw to David Webb/NCROPA, May 12, 1981
(3) Letter B.M. Beck in The Netherlands to David Webb/NCROPA, May 28, 1981
(1) Minutes of a meeting, February 13, 1985
The above meeting took place at the House of Commons between NCROPA (Webb & Goodman) and Winston Churchill MP.
(2) Letter from Norris McWhirter of the Freedom Association to David Webb/NCROPA, October 1, 1985
(1) Copy letter from David Webb/NCROPA to Terence Duquenes, February 2, 1987
(1) Copy letter David Webb/NCROPA to Attorney General Sir Patrick Mayhew, February 27, 1989
(1) Copy letter David Webb to Rachael Tattersall, February 21, 1990
The above letter, to the Personnel Department of the Polytechnic of the South Bank, appears to have been written in a personal capacity.
(2) Letter Justin Gollan to NCROPA March 22, 1990
(3) Letter to David Webb/NCROPA from a correspondent, April 18, 1990
(4) Letter R. Greenfield to David Webb/NCROPA, May 1, 1990
The above contains two pages from the June 1989 issue of Video World magazine. The tits are on page 3 of the file!
(5) Copy letter David Webb/NCROPA to Hilary Ransom of the NCCL, June 25, 1990
The above sees David Webb explaining why NCROPA will not be renewing its membership - for the meantime.
(1) Copy letter Miss S. Williams for the Home Secretary to E.A.C. Goodman, January 4, 1991
(2) Note re an appearance by E.A.C. Goodman on the Brian Hayes radio phone-in programme, February 20, 1991
(3) Copy letter Commander Sally Hubbard of New Scotland Yard to E.A.C. Goodman, March 1, 1991
(4) Copy letter David Webb/NCROPA to E.A.C. Goodman, May 16, 1991
(5) Letter from Turkey to NCROPA, December 5, 1991
Apparently they have faggots in Turkey too; I thought it best to redact the above.
(6) Letter to NCROPA from a student, received December 31 1991
Re the above, I cannot make out the name so will leave deciphering it to you, dear reader.
(1) Hardcore software from Today, January 25, 1992, page 13
(2) Letter Bhavna Kanani to NCROPA, received January 30, 1992
(3) Letter Heidi Crutchlow apparently to NCROPA, February 17, 1992
(4) Letter BA student Robert Sumroy to NCROPA, February 20, 1992
(5) Letter Professor Emma Harris British Studies Centre, University of Warsaw to NCROPA, March 4, 1992
(6) Letter Mark Taha in City Limits, September 24, 1992
The above letter had already been published on the Taha website but I thought I would add this here; as can be seen, Taha was member number 159.
(7) Letter Tony Blair MP to David Webb/NCROPA, November 9, 1992
(1) Press release from Ann Winterton MP re the viewing of “HORRIFIC MATERIAL”, February 9, 1993
(2) Copy letter E.A.C. Goodman apparently to Mary Hayward of CAC May 7, 1993
(3) Copy letter E.A.C. Goodman to Fay Weldon May 9, 1993
(4) Letter David Webb/NCROPA to E.A.C. Goodman May 13, 1993
(5) Letter Danny Frederick to E.A.C. Goodman May 17, 1993
(1) Copy letter David Webb/NCROPA to The Chief Executive of Boots, January 19, 1994
(2) Copy letter David Webb/NCROPA to Mr Silvester, January 19, 1994
(3) Draft letter David Webb/NCROPA to Adrian ? January 20, 1994
(4) Letter to David Webb/NCROPA from someone in Southampton February 5, 1994
(5) Government consultation paper on CONSENT AND OFFENCES AGAINST THE PERSON, front cover only, February 5, 1994
(6) Copy letter Clare Haskell of the Law Commission to David Webb/NCROPA, February 22, 1994
(7) Copy letter David Webb/NCROPA to Jennifer Brown of BBC North, February 23, 1994
The above concerns the participation of David Webb in a Close Up North programme in which he “very enjoyed taking part”.
(8) Undated handwritten letter from Mark Taha apparently to David Webb, received May 16, 1994
(9) Undated letter from a NCROPA member to David Webb, received July 2, 1994
The above letter, from Cambridge, has been redacted. It appears to have been accompanied by a cheque.
(1) Press release from Savoy re ANTI-NAZI COMICS FOUND OBSCENE, July 21, 1995
(1) Letter Dorothy Stichternath in Germany apparently to NCROPA, February 16, 1996
(2) Letter David Webb/NCROPA to Alexander Baron, April 3, 1996
If I recall, this is the only letter I ever received from David Webb, and apart from one brief telephone conversation, the only contact I ever had with him in life.
(3) Letter Tuppy Owens of the Sexual Freedom Coalition to either David Webb and/or NCROPA, received May 16, 1996
(4) Letter Claire McCombie of the Home Office to David Webb/NCROPA, October 16, 1996
(1) Letter Ginny Wall to David Webb/NCROPA, January 10, 1996
The above letter has been misdated 1996; the second letter in the file - to the Independent Television Commission re Bruce Gyngell - is dated correctly.
(1) Copy letter Miss S.A. Summers of West Midlands Police to David Webb/NCROPA, March 17, 1998
(2) Letter Clive Edwards of the BBC to David Webb/NCROPA, December 11, 1998
(1) Letter Robin Duval of the BBFC to David Webb/NCROPA, January 7, 2000
(2) Letter from Ruth Ashton apparently to NCROPA, January 20, 2000
The address of the above has been redacted. Boy, did she get a wrong number!
Back To Site Index